(W.I.P.) Naboo: Kaadara Coast

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

PR-0927
Old School Staff

(W.I.P.) Naboo: Kaadara Coast

Post by PR-0927 »

Well, I have started on the map. It can be played in either era. The map style is that of the Omaha Beach Landing. If I can, I will squeeze in a city at the top of the coast.

I will also be removing the Trade Federation Droideka from the map, considering how it drowns when it goes in the water.

The Trade Federation Battle Droid will be replacing it.

There will be two new units on this map. I will not reveal what one of them is going to be until it is complete (the unit). The other unit is going to be the Imperial Dark Jedi Knight. He shall have Force Push, Force Lightning, and a Red Dark Jedi Knight Lightsaber.

I have three pictures to show. All three of them are in ZeroEdit.

Here they are:

I hope you all will be looking forwards to my map. The only problem at the moment is that the soldiers at the top of the coast decide to jump down and take on their enemies before they reach shore...

- Majin Revan
Lord-Bandu

RE: (W.I.P.) Naboo: Kaadara Coast

Post by Lord-Bandu »

maybe you should try addin lots (and i mean LOTS) of defend hintnodes accross the top
PR-0927
Old School Staff

RE: (W.I.P.) Naboo: Kaadara Coast

Post by PR-0927 »

Defend hintnodes? I have added patrol ones...

I'll try it, but I need to know what defend hintnodes are, LOL.

;)

- Majin Revan
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

ya well thats what i meant. means the same thing.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

I see. By the way, everyone, this map is going to take quite a while, LOL. I haven't done infantry-only maps before, but when I focused on infantry in my other maps, I had to put a lot of time into it.

;)

- Majin Revan
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

O.K., I got the troops to go down in a wave. But, the attackers push them up the hill again, so it's all good.

;)

Plus, I'll be having another base behind the base on the coast/hill. That other base might be in a city.

- Majin Revan
Avantoll

Post by Avantoll »

If it´s as big as omaha beach, i would be happy :D 100 meters of mud, interisting to fight on if you dont have a tompson 8)
fruitymarshmallow

Post by fruitymarshmallow »

wait, I remember you said no vehicles! I take it there are no vehicles in this map? Thats a BIG foot map
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Astute »

... wow i dreaded a day like this. Well props to you for posting your coastal map first... man and mine was almost done too.
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Are those guns at the top supposed to be where the bunkers are? There should be bunkers with gun emplacements in them. If you look at BF 1942 or medal of honor, you'll see what I mean. Plus there shouldn't be an island in the center. Honestly this is not what I envisioned. Oh well.

hey astute, you should also post up your version, don't let it stop you.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Agreed; there's room for more than one coastal map. They'll probably be pretty different anyway so go for it
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

I love mass assault maps!!! (as shown in rogue clones lol) Post all the Omaha Beach maps you want!
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Astute »

Hmm, with my experience in it, coastal maps are tough to make since the bots are idiots. Mabye consider making boats?
With the map i was making, i was spending all my time making beach mines and suppresion turrets, thats probably why its taking me so long.
could post pics but it will look odd with two beach maps up there.
fruitymarshmallow

hmm. how 'bout adding in some turrets like the ones in Rogue Clones: First Assault?
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Astute, if you look at the other games such as BF1942 and Medal of Honor, you would see a number of suppression turrets. However, they would be the smaller turrets that you have to build. Also, the rate of fire would be a lot faster, plus recharge rate would be fast as well. The turrets would have to be effective, yet not so effective that the other team couldn't win the map. There should also be bunkers from which the turrets fire, though that's up to you, but for realism's sake, it would be more accurate. Diet Dr. Pepper, I wish I could map, then you would see some really definitive stuff.
fruitymarshmallow

Hey majin, are you going to make new classes?
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Astute »

Well actually I got the turrets done, the mines still giving me trouble though. lol and its hilarious when the bots get a hold of the turrets, bullets just going everywhere. Was even able to get a modified at-at for the beach assault. Got bunkers as well, even made them look like naboo architecture. Might consider making a post with this stuff, looks pretty cool. I suppose that its not entirely true that he took my map idea, since mine is more for air combat really. The ground battle is just for those who can't really fly well, or those who don't want to fly.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

This is a no vehicle map, LOL.

Yes, read my first post, there will be two new classes.

- Majin Revan
fruitymarshmallow

hmm. will you still use your new classes from other maps? (<kinda dumb question)

so are there going to be turrets and things?
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

The Republic Clone Commando will be returning.

As for turrets...yes, there are a billon of them (check the screenshots posted in the first post).

- Majin Revan