Eddie's Sanus Prime Map

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Eddie's Sanus Prime Map

Post by eddie »

I am at very early stage of creating completly new map from scratch. Screens above show only general layout of spawn poins and vehicles. This map should be more balanced regarding types of vehicles than death star. I will post progress screens as I go...
vindictive

Post by vindictive »

You did that with a hex editor?

NICE WORK!
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Thanx man. I will try to add some trees or rocks or ruins to it. The gameplay is good so far is just to much open space between spawns. I was thinking of making a maze but AI hit the wall and do not know where to go. It must be something with those hint lines in the code.

And yes, all with hex. It is just something to do before tools....
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Progress ver 0.2

nitro

Post by nitro »

Eddie , nice work (i've been not active here for a while and eddie is still getting some nice improvements) i still dont understand that some people like on swbffiles dare to give bad comments to nice work like this and deathstar , i must say eddie , very nice, but what if tools get developped ? what will you do if someone else will come before you with a deathstar map ? than your work might become forgotten :( and it is such great maps :(
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Thanx Nitro for kind words. I had another one just tonight. What can you do, man, it is free world!
Regarding death star::: if someone (and I am sure people will once we have tools) make a great death star map I would be as pleased as when PS came out with jabba's palace. I mean, it is not my exclusive map, and all of my work on my DS map will be just practice for something else. So people please, do much better death star map then mine!

PS. my DS map is labeled as Eddie's..., and someone else should lebel his/hers as "Joe's" Death Star so we can compare....

PS2: Nitro, got it = Dutch
Visceral

Post by Visceral »

Wow. Great work! Can you say how close you are to releasing it?
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Progress ver 0.3

Well, it is highly playable in this release. The thing is that I do not have
good upload speed as home so it will have to wait till monday...
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Download v0.3

Post by eddie »

Eddie's Sanus Prime
===============
New map with vehicles, flyers bla bla

Install instructions
============
Since this map is also using mod1 logic, you can not have both death star or my naboo map and this map at the same time (they overwrite each other). So after you install Eddie_SanusPrime and you also have Eddie_DeathStar/Naboo installed(it will be also installed in AddOn folder), go to Eddie_NewDeathStar/Naboo and rename its addme.script to addme.scriptX (and mapinfo.txt to mapinfo.txtX if you are running ded server) so EXE will not pick up DeathStar/Naboo level. Do it otherway around if you want to play DeathStar or Naboo without deleting Eddie_SanusPrime map. We have to do it this way until the tools come out. Also, there is mapinfo.txt file for dedicated server.

DOWNLOAD EDDIE'S SANUS PRIME

http://www.gametoast.com/files/eddies/E ... me_v03.exe
Last edited by eddie on Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HowardBusch

Post by HowardBusch »

Eddie
You do all this with hex editing. I cant wait to see what you do with an SDK.

You could always upload the way I do. Let it upload overnight while you sleep. :)
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Well Howard the problem is not with speed but Portal's upload module, we will fix it eventualy. Anyhow, guru will upload it soon ....
HowardBusch

Post by HowardBusch »

An easyer way to deal with name conflicts is to create a directory called AddOnsDisabled in the GameData directory. I keep a seperate directory begining with the level name for each mod so this one would be called "MOD1 SinusPrime 0.3" Then I just drag & drop the level I want to use into the addon directory & the one I dont out. Its much easier to manage.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

HowardBusch wrote:An easyer way to deal with name conflicts is to create a directory called AddOnsDisabled in the GameData directory. I keep a seperate directory begining with the level name for each mod so this one would be called "MOD1 SinusPrime 0.3" Then I just drag & drop the level I want to use into the addon directory & the one I dont out. Its much easier to manage.
Same here, I just call it Trash....