psych0fred's new map

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Hey, I am a fan of the AAT as posted above...

According to the books there are three droids manning an AAT.

Perhaps you could leave the turret gunner as is

add in a second gunner to control the anti-infantry blasters (currently the pilot's weapon)

and give the pilot control of the six missile tubes along the rim of the repulsor sled.

I haven't done ANY editing to vecs yet... would love to learn though so I can do things like this myself... any tuts that are good?
Gynt_Ryles

Post by Gynt_Ryles »

I'll be looking at the hovernaut maybe. It's a pretty lame vehicle so if I can just find one from the star wars universe that works better than that one we made up (the new guide to vehicles may have something) I'll just replace it with something else. Otherwise it's about as exciting as the MTT.
I was under the impression this was a very powerful vehicle. I was looking around in the Alliance assets and saw that the Hovernaut had blasters, beam canons, and missiles. It doesn't look that boring, though.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Jawa_Killer »

can anbybody send me a pic of a hovernaut i have no idea how it looks like!
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Err.... we aren't supposed to waste forum recources, and I have a question for Fred... so erm... I am posting it here to save space... if that's wrong just delete it or something and I apologise in advance.

HEY Fred, I am making LVL files to overwrite the defaults so that I can use my favorite units and weapons on shipped maps.

I have changed my Heros, and they are called Mace Windu and Count Dooku even though they aren't them.

Are localization files munged into the SIDE LVL, or is there a MASTER localization file for all the current units?

~00M-9
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

This might interest you all about the AAT:

index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=24895#24895

- Majin Revan
Gynt_Ryles

Post by Gynt_Ryles »

Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!L-5-R i please u i would love you!!pls can u give me the msh and odf files??used as a prop would be enough!omg please i love this vehicle!
Gynt_Ryles

Post by Gynt_Ryles »

A prop would be nice, but maybe Majin could make it into a wrecked vehicle turret. It's got that beam canon turret on top.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

psych0fred wrote:From the Star Wars New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redir ... %26s=books

The AAT's crew consists of four battle droids. A droid pilot and two gunners occupy a small cockpit in the hears of the tank. The droid commander sits just behind the primary laser cannon, surrounded by battlefield sensors, a communications array, and secondary control systems. Both the pilot and commander have access to a stereoscopic cam and periscope scanner, and can plug directly into the AAT's central computer in order to receive detailed information downloads. The pilot can also open a front hatch for direct visual sighting. Handholds on either side of the tank allow the vehicle to carry up to six additional battle droids.

Intended for frontal assaults, the AAT's primary weapon is a turret-mounted laser cannon designed for long-range strikes. Secondary laser cannons enable targeting of smaller vehicles. Finally, a pair of short-range antipersonnel blasters located near the foot of the tank concentrate on enemy troops.

The vehicle is equipped with six launch tubes that fire standard high-energy shells. Armor-piercing antivehicle shells and explosive "bunker busters" designed to level buildings are often standard. Fired shells are encased in plasma in order to increase both speed and penetration. AATs can typically carry up to 55 shells, but when this payload is depleted, the vehicle must return to a Trade Federation landing ship, battleship, or base, where reload stations remove the lower portion of the tank and install a fully loaded replacement.
Fred, did u help make those books?
00M-8.5

Post by 00M-8.5 »

Ya the naboo people (yellow color) should drive them but still its better than a jedi starfighter and the spider droid is really cool though.Well anyway good luck its really cool and all.

back on page five when are you gonna come out so i can use Boba he rocks?

Mod Edit: Dude, use the edit post button instead of having double posts. Thanks, Sat.
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

oh,will u releas the file's on yours then? :D i think yours are nice from the picture's i see. :)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

psych0fred wrote:[..]Boba and Jango are are both in SWBF2 and you'll be able to extract the models from SWBF2, in which case I'll extract them from the game rather than use my versions which would not be as good as those created for BF2.
Will those models be in *.MSH format or munged ?
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

i kiss your feeds! :D
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Jawa_Killer wrote:i kiss your feeds! :D

:shock: What's that supposed to mean?! lol
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

he said if and when mod tools for swbf2 comes out he does the same like for swbf1.Thats the reason i kiss his foots :P
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

now now now. Plz stay on topic and not talk abput anyone's toes...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

psych0fred wrote:They'll be packed inside lvls but you should be able to extract them just like was done with BF1. Otherwise if and when mod tools for bf2 are released I assume the meshes and odfs for everything would be included just as I had done with the tools for BF1.
That's a good news... Re-create *.ODF files "manually" from *.LVL files isn't what we could call interesting... But I'd like to know what you mean by "just like was done with BF1"... :? (Are you talking of *.X files extracted through LVL Extractor ?...)
Gynt_Ryles

Post by Gynt_Ryles »

Another vehicle from the Clone Wars game.
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/down ... ertank.jpg
I'm assumming psych0fred is converting/making a new one of these, since as far as I know was a Clone Wars only exclusive vehicle and was never planned for Battlefront.
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

OMG THAT LOOKS PWNAGE!!!
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

OMG! I love that vehicle!!!! I used it all the time in the Clone Wars video game!!! Please oh please oh please get that working! OMG OMG OMG I sound like a crazed girl on drugs!!! *screams like a girl*