Corellia: Coronet City - Public Beta Release
By Foodstuffs (known as Food_Eater on Gametoast and Filefront)
FILE SIZE (when extracted): 160 MB
Coronet City is a sprawling spaceport metropolis and capital of Corellia, a planet home to smugglers, pirates, and many heroes and villains from the Galactic Civil War. The city is home to Han Solo of Star Wars fame (haha), and is a very important location in Star Wars canon throughout all eras. During the development of this map I have ignored much of expanded universe information regarding the location, aside from the bare basics. This means that avid EU fans will be disappointed when they find a lack of locations like the "Blue Sector" or CorSec officers patrolling the streets. Galaxies players will be especially disappointed because I've kicked the SWG interpretation of the city out the window. This is my own interpretation of the city and proudly so.
Features (more to come in final release):
•New "urban" Rebel skins.
•Use of Episode 2-style Clones (including Clone Commander).
•4 New heroes: Wedge Antilles, Ben Kenobi, Dash Rendar, and Baron Fel. Many more to come in the final release.
•Unarmed civilians roam the area in Conquest mode.
•Animated ships of various sizes fly around and hover within the map.
•New Hero Assault music.
•Hunt mode in both eras. Clone Wars is Pirates VS. Smugglers, while Galactic Civil War is Civilians VS. Empire.
1) Open Corellia Coronet_City.exe
2) When it asks you for a Destination Folder, browse to your Gamedata folder. By default it is located at C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData
3) Hit "Install" and say "Yes" to anything it asks to replace. THIS DOES NOT REPLACE OR MODIFY ANY FILES WITHIN THE GAME. It will only replace the "addon" folder if that already exists, and any other mod folders named "CCC." If you happen to have another mod file named "CCC" that is a different map entirely and you want to keep, be sure to back that up.
4) You have just installed the Coronet City Public Beta! Run the game and browse to the level select screen, and "Corellia: Coronet City" should be on the list.
1) Browse to the "addon" folder in GameData .
2) Delete the folder titled "CCC."
3) Bravo... you have just uninstalled Coronet City.
•The game may occasionally FREEZE in Conquest and Assault modes online. This often seems to occur in the middle of a game at the exact moment when you die, you kill someone, or you respawn. This is only known to occur in non-dedicated servers.
•The AI currently struggle with both CTF modes. The only way to finish a CTF game within the next century is for the player to intervene.
•Death regions are somewhat unrestricted and you may accidentally enter one. This is to prevent map exploiting (aka glitching). Stay away from the edges around the Cargo Hold, the bottom side of the crates above the Cargo Hold CP, and the areas to the left and right of the cantina.
Vyse - Vyse's Mesh Pack 1.
Rends - Coruscant City and Coruscant Streets Assets.
Maveritchell - Various ship models from Abraxas Platform (and other maps?)
eddie - Various models, mainly legos.
Squipple - Making eddie's aforementioned models available.
The Developers of the Conversion Pack - Moldy Crow and Mara Jade models.
Psych0fred - Large crane object.
Gametoast - For being the ultimate repository of SWBF2 modding information.
If this map damages your game, I will not be held responsible. These Files are Shareware, and cannot be sold for any profit.
THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
If you have any questions/concerns you can reach me at Food_Eater on Gametoast.com
Readme Template created by Snork (modified by Foodstuffs).